Supply Chain Lead – ROYAL OAK DISTILLERY, CO. CARLOW, IRELAND
Job Title: Supply Chain Lead
Reports To: Financial Controller
Location: Royal Oak, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
- Royal Oak Distillery at Royal Oak will produce circa 2million litres of alcohol (mla) annually, that is the equivalent of 600,000 9-Litre cases of Irish Whiskey.
- The facility is the first purpose-built distillery in the area in over 200 years and produces the three varieties of Irish Whiskey, namely, Pot still, single Malt and Grain.
- The site operates on a 24/7 basis and includes the operations of filling casks/barrels and warehousing.
- This is a key role within the site team. The Goal is to ensure all stock is accurately recorded, all movements are correctly documented (with supporting warrants) and planned efficiently using a customer-oriented approach.
Leadership & Responsibilities
- This person will be responsible for the Inventory Management and Logistics for the business.
- They must be able to demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills, an ability to think creatively and work as part of a team.
- They must be able to plan-ahead and deal with unexpected changes.
- They must be proficient with data analysis, including working with electronic data and be able to show flexibility as and when required.
- They must have a Knowledge of laws, regulations, revenue requirements and ISO requirements associated with transport of goods.
- They must be able to work with little supervision and track multiple transactions.
Purpose of Role
- Support the site by ensuring consistent, planned flow of materials to and from the Business, while ensuring all compliance standards are achieved.
- Ensure all inventory and logistics movements are recorded accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Implement and drive Supply Chain strategies and efficiencies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective management and accounting of all stocks held by the Business
- On Time/In Full Delivery of all moveable goods.
- Compliance with all Customs and Excise Regulations
- Accurate and Timely Entry of all system entries.
Experience Preference/ Qualifications/Skills Preference
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a Supply Chain/Logistics role – DGSA qualification desirable.
- Experience with an Oracle based ERP system desirable.
- Strong relationship building skills and management skills with a high degree of responsiveness, and integrity. Strong people skills / team skills are essential for this role.
- Professionally persistent in achieving deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written), with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and ability to ensure standards and processes of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment are upheld in line with overall Distillery Culture.
- Organised, diligent, principled and meticulous
- Safety conscious
- Independence with multi-tasking
- Able to integrate within the team
- Strong analytical skills
- Open and honest
- Eagerness to learn and develop.
Send your resume! We’ll contact you as soon as possible.